Thursday, May 22, 2008

Food Today

Part of what I think I need to do is keep better track of the foods I'm eating. Doesn't it always seem to start there? If you want to build a financial plan, the experts tell you to keep track of every penny you spend for a couple of weeks. If you want to lose weight, they tell you to keep track of foods eaten. I guess it makes sense...get some baseline data, if you will. So here's what I ate today (to the best of my memory):

breakfast: 1 piece whole wheat toast, 1 egg w/cheese on top, ketchup
lunch: Big Mac and 1 can of Coke (drat)
snack: chocolate chip oatmeal cookie dough...probably 3 cookies worth
snack: one bite of Sammy's chocolate covered "granola" bar
dinner: 2 chicken enchiladas, corn, jello
snack: DQ hot fudge sundae with extra fudge
snack: chocolate chip oatmeal cookie
snack: handful of potato chips
snack: 1 piece Dove dark chocolate

exercise: NOTHING

Pardon my language...but, holy crap! Would you say I have a bit of a chocolate problem? No fruits, and my veggies consist of ketchup and corn...not exactly rock stars in the veggie world.

I actually heard once (not sure if it's true)...but I heard that the US is the only industrialized nation in the world where the people eat corn. All others only feed it to their animals to...you guessed it...FATTEN THEM UP because it's really nothing but sugar. It's practically void of any nutrition. And ketchup? The main ingredient in mine is high fructose corn syrup, not tomatoes.

Wow. When I write it out, I feel a little sick to my stomach. I ate like garbage today! If my kids ate like this, I'd scold them big time. Maybe I should just start eating whatever I feed them.

And what bothers me the most? I'm nursing a baby right now. Just LOOK at what I fed him today. Ugh. Sorry Thomas. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

No comments: